Melham Medical Center 's comprehensive laboratory services are available to provide services to all areas within the facility. Our lab is equipped with the latest, computerized instrumentation for quick and accurate inpatient and outpatient testing.
The Laboratory at Melham Medical Center is divided into separate specialties, depending on the technology being used or the specific type of testing being done.
- Clinical Chemistry concentrates on tests done on the fluid portion of blood, as well as some other bodily fluids.
- Hematology looks at the cellular components of blood and coagulation involved in clotting.
- Microbiology deals with infectious diseases, which can include diseases caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, or tuberculosis.
- The Blood Bank deals with transfusions and The American Red Cross supplies blood for the Blood Bank.
- Phlebotomy collects blood specimens for testing.
- Histology and Cytology deal with anatomic pathology.
We work around-the-clock, seven days a week testing, evaluating, and reporting results for your better health.
The lab is available 24 hours a day for clinical studies. If you have physician's orders for lab work at Melham Medical Center, please call us during normal business hours to arrange an appointment.
Our normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.